To all my readers, I wish you a happy New Year! Stay tuned, as there will be more blog posts in 2014!
The most important tips of 2013 were probably:
- Patch your Java & Adobe or uninstall it if you don't need it.
- Same goes for their browser plugins or add-ons!
- Keep your browser of choice up-to-date.
- Install an antivirus and antimalware product and keep it up-to-date & running.
- Use NoScript in Firefox or NotScripts in Chrome.
- Improve security for your Microsoft Office package. (Word, Excel, ...)
This means disabling ActiveX, disabling macros and blocking external content. Useful links:
Enable or disable ActiveX controls in Office documents
Enable or disable macros in Office documents
Block or unblock external content in Office documents
Stay safe folks. May you all have a great and malware-free 2014!